|Reports To:||Finance Director|
|Hours:||9am to 5.30pm (37.5 per week) – open to flexibility|
|Location:||Nottingham City Centre|
E-days is a high-growth HR technology business operating with a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
E-days is a ‘best in class’ solution and helps over 1250 businesses manage employee time-off and absence efficiently. There are currently over 200,000 employees using the solution across 100 countries. Customers include Sony Music, Canon, Interserve, M&G, Lloyds Banking Group and many more household name businesses and SMEs.
E-days is backed by a super-ambitious management team and following private equity backing in 2017 it was recognised as Nottingham’s 2018 SME business of the year.
To allow for continued expansion, E-days recently moved into new, state of the art business premises in the heart of Nottingham and it’s on the lookout for talented people to join the team.
Our E-days team are driven, innovative, collaborative and forward thinking. We look for people to join us who not only want to make an immediate difference but also want to develop their career within the company.
In return for working hard to deliver great solutions for our customers, we provide a fantastic environment, plenty of incentives and a genuine pathway for personal development.
You can find out more about e-days at www.e-days.co.uk or find us on Twitter, Linked In or Facebook.
About the role
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with substantial credit control experience to join our Finance team. Working as our stand-alone Credit Controller, you will have specific responsibility for the collection of all debt for the company. You will be expected to improve and implement innovative processes to ensure we have really robust internal controls.
You will be working closely with our Finance Director and Assistant Accountant as part of a fun but busy finance team and be given autonomy to deliver your role in your own way.
We actively encourage our team members to grow their roles and careers with us, and will work with you to develop your own personal development plan that challenges you and gives you genuine job satisfaction!
There is the potential for flexibility with this role, with 4 working days and opportunities to work from home a possibility once you’re up and running.
Your responsibilities as Credit Controller will include:
- Reducing outstanding debt – taking ownership for the collection of customer payments and chasing outstanding invoices from our customers; Reviewing and chasing debit balances and / or anomalies to ensure we have minimal debt over 30+ days; sending statements, invoices and reminders to customers
- Managing the Sales ledger – own and manage the sales ledger ensuring that all transactions are correctly allocated and reconciled; maintain accurate records of chasing activity; driving improvements in the accuracy and integrity of our financial records
- Communication – liaising with customers over the phone or via email as necessary to promptly resolve complex queries or invoice discrepancies; creating great relationships internally and externally to facilitate payment processes
- Part of the Finance Team – supporting our Finance Director and Assistant Accountant with daily, month end and annual reporting processes; producing accurate ad hoc reports and support to the team as required
- Creating robust processes – reviewing, improving, implementing and communicating innovative processes that support a proactive approach to customer payment
- Team Player – collaborate with our wider internal teams, especially the Sales team, to make sure we’ve got a constant flow of conversation
To help make sure we’re delivering world-class software solutions, you must:
- Proven experience of credit control and examples of delivering a reduction in outstanding debt
- Experience of using Sage or other similar accounting software
- Comfortable using Excel and creating intuitive reports
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have outstanding communication skills, especially over the telephone
- Love finding better, more efficient ways of doing things
- Be resilient and self-motivated
- Have strong time management and organisational skills
- Be able to thrive under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Enjoy working as part of a passionate team
What you’ll get?
- An awesome office located in Nottingham city centre (2mins walk from train and tram stations) and access to parking
- Opportunities to grow your skills every day, alongside an annual £1,000 personal training budget
- A benefits package that includes pension, childcare vouchers, and Perkbox
- A genuinely friendly and social working environment with regular social events, annual employee awards, exercise clubs, free fruit, and some of the best pubs in Nottingham on our doorstep
- An opportunity to make a real impact in a small but growing, entrepreneurial company
Apply for this role
To apply for this vacancy please complete the form below with an attached CV. We will keep your details on file.