Business Development Executive
|Reports To:||Head of Demand Generation|
|Hours:||Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm (37.5 per week)|
|Location:||Nottingham City Centre|
E-days is a high-growth HR technology business operating with a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
E-days is a ‘best in class’ solution and helps over 1250 businesses manage employee time-off and absence efficiently. There are currently over 200,000 employees using the solution across 100 countries. Customers include Sony Music, Canon, Interserve, M&G, Lloyds Banking Group and many more household name businesses and SMEs.
E-days is backed by a super-ambitious management team and following private equity backing in 2017 it was recognised as Nottingham’s 2018 SME business of the year.
To allow for continued expansion, E-days recently moved into new, state of the art business premises in the heart of Nottingham and it’s on the lookout for talented people to join the team.
Our E-days team are driven, innovative, collaborative and forward thinking. We look for people to join us who not only want to make an immediate difference but also want to develop their career within the company.
In return for working hard to deliver great solutions for our customers, we provide a fantastic environment, plenty of incentives and a genuine pathway for personal development.
You can find out more about e-days at www.e-days.co.uk or find us on Twitter, Linked In or Facebook.
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic Sales Development Representative to join our team, helping us grow the customer base for our world-class software solution. You will be generating leads on potential new customers through telephone and email campaigns. You will have pre-sale conversations with organisations and engage individuals to book onto our online software demonstrations.
You’ll work collaboratively alongside one other Sales Development Representative to constantly improve the way we operate, and will have the opportunity to mentor new starters as the team grows. You’ll also work closely with our Marketing Communications Manager on innovative and engaging attraction campaigns.
You’ll have the opportunity of a genuine career pathway with e-days. We’ll encourage you to grow and develop in your role everyday, and support you to continuously look at ways to proactively improve our lead generation process.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building a network – Researching and developing sector specific contact databases
- Accurate data – Verifying decision-maker contact (email / phone / job titles)
- Delivering a great pitch – Speaking to decision-makers with your elevator pitch, inspiring interest in our product and scheduling a demo or sales call for the sales team
- Overcoming objections – Handling questions and objections by delivering a pre-defined objection response
- Keeping in touch – Provide email or telephone follow-ups to contacts
- Team–player – Collaborate with our internal teams, especially our Marketing and Sales teams, to make sure everyone is kept continually in the loop
To help make sure we’re delivering world-class software solutions, you must:
- Have an outgoing, confident personality with the ability to expertly handle objections
- Be super-resilient with a never-give-up attitude
- Be persuasive and professional
- Have outstanding communication skills, especially on the phone
- Be familiar with IT systems (Outlook for email, CRM, Excel)
- Be a great listener
- Have strong time management and organisational skills
What you’ll get?
- An awesome office located in Nottingham city centre (2mins walk from train and tram stations) and access to parking
- Opportunities to grow your skills everyday, alongside an annual £1000 personal training budget
- A benefits package that includes pension, childcare vouchers, and Perkbox
- A genuinely friendly and social working environment with regular social events, annual employee awards, exercise clubs, free fruit, and some of the best pubs in Nottingham on our doorstep
- An opportunity to make a real impact in a small but growing, entrepreneurial company
Apply for this role
To apply for this vacancy please complete the form below with an attached CV. We will keep your details on file.