Staff Holiday Planner
Having a staff holiday planner is an important part of workforce management. Coordinating employee holidays across teams and departments can be a tricky process and can often leave your business under resourced at key times.
Traditional paper based staff holiday planner processes are prone to errors and confusion and are costly and time consuming. Streamlining your holiday planner processes across your business will enable you to take control of staff holidays and make life easier for all involved.
The e-days staff holiday planner will consolidate staff holiday planning and monitoring into one simple process. e-days holiday planner empowers staff to request their own holiday online, the request is then sent for approval by a manager who can reject or authorise the holiday request with a simple click. e-days provides a clear and accurate process for recording staff holiday in addition to reducing the workload on management.
An integrated staff holiday planner calendar will show staff when colleagues are in or out of the office and when they have holiday booked. This enables staff to make more informed decisions on when to take holiday and improve their chances of having holiday approved by a manager. Managers and HR can use the calendar to identify clashes, shortages and potential issues with upcoming staff holidays and absence.
Holiday entitlements are automatically calculated and updated when holidays are taken by staff. e-days staff holiday planner gives staff, managers and HR an at a glance view of information regarding holiday entitlements, days taken, days left and other information regarding staff leave and absence.
The flexibility of e-days holiday planner allows for company processes such as carry over, training days, weekend working, bank holidays and part time workers to be customised to your ways of working. Staff holidays can also be calculated in hours as well as days.
- Understaffing at key holiday times
- Integrated staff holiday planner calendar allows you to manage and plan upcoming staff holidays.
- Extra holiday being taken by staff
- Full proof records and set holiday entitlements prevent errors and abuse.
- Inaccurate staff holiday records
- Accurate and up to date holiday records
- Poor holiday information access for staff and managers.
- Easy access to holiday planner for staff, managers and HR.
- Unequal holiday processes between different teams and locations.
- Streamlined and equal holiday and leave process across your whole business
- Disputes over staff holiday entitlements.
- Irrefutable holiday records for reference in the event of disputes or queries.
- Time spent recording, filing and communicating paper based holiday requests.
- Remove paper trail and reduce administration time and time spent reviewing holiday requests.
- Short notice requests for holidays and last minute holiday cancellations.
- Enforce rules and improve holiday request and cancellation processes.
- Informal processes for time off in lieu and holiday carry over.
- Formalise time off in lieu and holiday carry over processes under EU working directive guidelines.
- Difficulty in reporting and identify holiday trends within your business.
- Generate reports to pro-actively identify holiday bottlenecks in addition to retrospectively identifying holiday trends and issues within your business.
World renowned entertainment company
Before e-days, the firm managed staff holiday planning and sickness reporting using a system developed in-house. The staff holiday planner system has many faults, and the developers who originally built it left the business some time ago meaning they were stuck without a way to manage their 500+ employee’s holiday and absence requests.
They needed a solution that could be quickly implemented, and that would work across various offices, each with different processes and workflows.
The client required a staff holiday planner system that:
- Would fit into their established ways of working
- Could be deployed in a matter of weeks
- Is easy & intuitive to use without extensive training
- Is cost effective enough to implement without the requirement to create a tender process.
Fitting in to the clients established ways of working
- The flexibility of the e-days staff holiday planner meant that the client’s existing workflows, management processes and email based systems could be easily transferred to e-days. e-days’ experts worked with the client to understand their processes and either transfer or improve them into e-days.
- Implementing e-days here was about fitting the e-days staff holiday planner into the organisation and not vice versa.
- As the e-days staff holiday planner is online the full process of demonstration, data collection, deployment, launch and then support can be done entirely remotely. This means that sales people and engineers waste less time travelling between sites and any issues and changes can be addressed immediately.
- Deploying e-days staff holiday planner with this client was also made easier by the fact that there is no installation required at all. This speeded the process up as there need be no consultation with internal IT for security and specification processes.
- These factors ensured that e-days was deployed, and launched, within a matter of weeks.
Ease of use
The speed of deployment is irrelevant if the end-user has to spend hours learning how to use the system. e-days staff holiday planner is therefore so easy and intuitive to use that the client required no end-user training at all. Simple presentations and an onscreen help section were enough to enable 500+ employees to use the system without overloading their IT and HR departments with support calls.
Due to time and resource constraints the client required a system which could be purchased within their budget and which did not require additional allocation of spend. e-days staff holiday planner is licensed on a scale, dependent on the amount of users on the system, and comes in at just several £’s per user. This license basis allowed the client to get started on e-days without huge initial outlay on the purchase of a system, and because of the low annual costs they would be able to re-visit their decision annually.
Furthermore, there were no travel expenses or hardware costs which are often associated with installed software and company-wide systems. The costs of e-days were upfront and straightforward. In addition to this the lack of any required external or internal training further minimised the cost and resource overhead usually associated with deploying systems of this kind.
The client was able to deploy the e-days staff holiday planner without recourse to extra budgeting and the speed of implementation meant that each £ spent on e-days was being put to work across the entire organisation almost immediately.