e-days staff holiday planner user features
e-days is a fully featured web based employee holiday and absence management system. The management system is designed to control all the days where staff are absent from the company including holidays, training days and sickness days.
The system works on a self service basis, where employees can request holidays or log training or sickness on any PC with an internet connection. The holiday or training request is then forwarded to their manager (and a final authoriser if required) for acceptance.
It's one of the most advanced systems of its type. Just look at the features:
- Entirely web-based staff absence planner with no download or installation requirements, meaning e-days can be used anywhere with internet access.
- Track holidays, sickness and other leave types such as paternity leave, training and business trips
- Record absences in days or hours
- Track overtime
- Track time off in lieu in days or hours with a breakdown of lieu earned, lieu taken, and current balance
- Holiday carry over facility allows staff to carry holiday over from one year to the next limited to the number of days your company allows.
- Setup multiple levels of authorisation to reflect organisational hierarchies
- Assign primary and optional secondary ( backup) approvers and authorisers for each user
- All staff have instant access to their holiday allowances, days remaining and sickness records.
- Leave requests are dealt with via email by appropriate approvers and authorisers
- Ability to define other members of staff as cover for periods of absence.
- A calendar shows all absence for the relevant and appropriate staff; you can restrict who see’s who in the calendar and what absence types display to whom.
- Designated individuals can record unplanned absence for team members.
- Smooth integration with Microsoft Outlook calendars and usable on hand-held devices.
- Manager dashboard with team overviews for at a glance team / company absence data overviews.
- Add new employees, and convert staff into leavers as and when you require.
- Facility to create specific, cross functional project work groups with sight over each other’s absence calendars.
- Generate reports and charts from any data set on your system – identify patterns and potential impacts on business, or simply retrieve employee data like contact phone numbers.
- Automatic Bradford Factor calculations allowing managers to identify and deal with problem absenteeism.
- Holiday compliance report for financial institutions to ensure staff take take 10 days consecutive leave according to FSA rules.
- Easily export of data into CSV format for Microsoft Excel
- Daily update report on all activities by individual, team or location
- ‘Absence clash’ notification function to allowing rules to stop more than a certain number of staff in the same team from booking time off together.
- Allow staff to buy and sell holidays, or bulk upload holidays bought or sold from your flexible benefits or HR system
- Add unlimited absence types and define rules for how it is used, including who can view and update each type
- Store basic HR data such as phone numbers, home addresses and emergency contact details
- Ability to input different public holidays by office location and to setup staff as either working or not working on public holidays.
- Generate email to HR each time a holiday, training or absence instance is recorded.
- Facility to automate return to work processes to ensure processes are followed for staff sicknesses.
- Simple and easy to set up
- Web based – no software to install or hardware to purchase.
- Scalable software for organisations with thousands of users, or just a few
- Works with PCs and Macs, and mobile devices
- Customisable with a company’s own logo.
- Purpose built dedicated hosting facility - secure and monitored.
- Super fast connections to the internet backbone ensure that e-days is always responsive.
- Senior owns and operates all the equipment - no 3rd party access to servers.
- E-days is hosted on a dedicated machine for security and responsiveness.
- Windows platform - secure & reliable.
- Regular planned maintenance to rollout security updates.
- 99.8% uptime guarantee.
- Multi level password protection
- Dual firewall on the server.
- User access to system can be restricted to IP range. This would limit where users could accessthe system from.
- Administrative accesses to the system & data can be restricted to IP address or range.
- SSL HTTPs:\\ encrypted system.